An English rock musician, singer-songwriter and composer will be in Toronto this year. You heard right! Roger Waters will be at the Air Canada Centre on September 15th, 16th and 18th at 8 PM. George Roger Waters was born on September 6th 1943 in Great Bookham, Leatherhead, Surrey, UK. Waters is known for gaining his fame as the songwriter, lyricist, bass player, co-lead vocalist and one of the members of the rock band Pink Floyd. The departure of Pink Floyd former vocalist Syd Barrett in 1968 – Waters eventually became Pink Floyd’s primary lyricist, songwriter and creative figure. Pink Floyd achieved great success in the 70s with the albums The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall. Waters also had a solo career with the three albums The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, Radio K.A.O.S., and Amused to Death. In 1990 Waters had one of the greatest rock concerts in history – The Wall – Live in Berlin where over 200,000 people attended. In 2005 he released Ça Ira which was an opera in 3 different acts and he also reunited with Nick Mason, Richard Wright, and David Gilmour from Pink Floyd at the 2005 Live 8 concert.
- The Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most successful albums of all time and spent 723 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart, sold over 30 million copies world wide, presently sells around 5000 units every week and is known for the second best selling album of all time worldwide.
- The RIAA ranks The Dark Side of the Moon # 21 on its Top 100 Albums list that includes 15 million certified units sold in the US alone.
- The Wall is mostly based on Waters life story having sold 23 million RIAA certified units and is one of the top three best selling albums of all time in America.
- The RIAA and the National Endowment for the Arts named Another Brick in the Wall Part II one of the 365 Top Selling Songs of the 20th Century
- Another Brick in the Wall Part II was ranked # 375 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.
- Pink Floyd has sold over 200 million albums worldwide which includes 74.5 million certified units in the States.
- What God Wants, Pt. 1 from Amused to Death album reached # 35 in the UK, # 5 on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Chart.
- The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking has been certified Gold by the RIAA.
- Ça Ira reached # 5 on the Billboard Classical Music Chart in the US.
- Waters was inducted on the US and UK Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- In 2009 he received a Cinema for Peace award for The Wall.
Let us know if you will be hitting this absolutely amazing three day concert by joining the Roger Waters PAM event.